Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas Card 2010

Here it is! Our family Christmas card for 2010.


A bit simpler than past years but after die cutting and assembling 70 santa heads last year, I thought I'd be smart for a change.


The base is SU paper(red riding hood). The prints are pre-glittered, coordinating papers from Imaginisce that I bought at the end of last holiday season. I knew I wanted to make this tri-fold style of card so these papers worked perfectly. Cutting the pieces with a big paper cutter made it go fast. The snowflake is a SU punch using blue paper. The snowflake and the blue strip above the saying are both flocked, with MS flock. Rather than applying glue to each one, I sprayed a few at a time with spray adhesive, dipped them in the flock, put them in a folded paper (like an embossing folder) and ran them through the Cuttlebug to make sure the flock adhered well. I assembled the cards, added a crystal to the center of the snowflake, and stamped the saying on the last side.


It feels so good to have them done early! Now if I can just get them addressed, stamped and in the mail!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment